EXPLANATION( RIDERS TO THE SEA-j.m. synge)


Important Explanation: (Riders to the Sea)

1. No man at all can be living forever, and we must be satisfied.

2.He’s gone now, God spare us, and we’ll not see him again. He’s gone now, and when the black night is falling I’ll have no son left me in the world.

3.I’ll have no call now to be going down and getting Holy water in the dark nights after Samhain, and I won’t care what way the sea is when the other woman will be keening.

4.It isn’t that I haven’t said payers in the dark night till you wouldn’t know what I’d be saying ; but its a great rest I’ll have now, and it’s time surely.

5.Isn’t it sorrow enough is on every one in this house without your sending him out with an unlucky word behind him and a hard word in his ear?

6.It it was a hundred horses, or a thousand horses you had itself, what is the price of a thousand horses against a son where there is one son only?

7.They are all gone now, and there isn’t anything more the sea can do to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE TEXT: FR .LEAVIS: LITERATURE AND SOCIETY

Final Suggestion : Hamlet quotes/ explanation Vol-4

: Walt Whitman :Song Of Myself:Whitman's Treatment of Love and sex in his poetry.