Totally Free Shakespeare's Quotes/ Explanation Hamlet:vol-3

important quotes/ explanation: Hamlet

1. I have heard,That guilty creatures sitting at a playHave by the very cunning of the sceneBeen struck so to the soul that presentlyThey have proclaimed their malefactions;For murder, though it have no tongue, will speakWith most miraculous organ. -Hamlet, 2. 2
2. The devil hath powerTo assume a pleasing shape. -Hamlet, 2. 2
3. Abuses me to damn me. -Hamlet, 2. 2
4. The play 's the thingWherein I'll catch the conscience of the king. -Hamlet, 2. 2
5. With devotion's visageAnd pious action we do sugar o'erThe devil himself. -Hamlet, 3. 1
6. Nymph, in thy orisonsBe all my sins remembered. -Hamlet, 3. 1
7. Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind. -Hamlet, 3. 1
8. I am myself indifferent honest. -Hamlet, 3. 1
9. t thee to a nunnery: why wouldst thou be a breeder of sinners?-Hamlet, 3. 1
10. Be thou as chaste as ice, as pure as snow, thou shalt not escape calumny. Get thee to a nunnery, go. -Hamlet, 3. 1
11. I have heard of your paintings too, well enough; God has given you one face, and you make yourselves another. -Hamlet, 3. 1
12. O, what a noble mind is here o'erthrown!The courtier's, soldier's, scholar's eye, tongue, sword; The expectancy and rose of the fair state,The glass of fashion and the mould of form,The observed of all observers! -Hamlet, 3. 1
13. Now see that noble and most sovereign reason,Like sweet bells jangled, out of tune and harsh. -Hamlet, 3. 1
14. O, woe is me,To have seen what I have seen, see what I see! -Hamlet, 3. 1
15. Speak the speech, I pray you, as I have pronounced it to you, trippingly on the tongue; but if you mouth it, as many of your players do, I had as lief the towncrier spoke my lines. Nor do not saw the air too much with your hand, thus, but use all gently. -Hamlet, 3. 2
16. I would have such a fellow whipped for o'erdoing Termagant; it out-herods Herod. -Hamlet, 3. 2
17. A robustious periwig-pated fellow.-Hamlet, 3. 2
18. Suit the action to the word, the word to the action. -Hamlet, 3. 2
19. To hold, as 'twere, the mirror up to nature. -Hamlet, 3. 2
20. I have thought some of Nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, they imitated humanity so abominably. -Hamlet, 3. 2
21. No, let the candied tongue lick absurd pomp,And crook the pregnant hinges of the kneeWhere thrift may follow fawning. -Hamlet, 3. 2
22. Give me that manThat is not passion's slave, and I will wear himIn my heart's core, ay, in my heart of heart,As I do thee. -Hamlet, 3. 2
23. And my imaginations are as foulAs Vulcan's stithy. -Hamlet, 3. 2
24. The chameleon's dish: I eat the air, promise-crammed; you cannot feed capons so.-Hamlet, 3. 2
25. Here's metal more attractive. -Hamlet, 3. 2
26. Nay, then, let the devil wear black, for I'll have a suit of sables. -Hamlet, 3. 2
27. There's hope a great man's memory may outlive his life half a year. -Hamlet, 3. 2
28. For, O, for, O, the hobby-horse is forgot. -Hamlet, 3. 2
29. Marry, this is miching mallecho; it means mischief. -Hamlet, 3. 2
30. Hamlet: Is this a prologue, or the posy of a ring?Ophelia: 'Tis brief, my lord.Hamlet: As woman's love. -Hamlet, 3. 2
31. Our wills and fates do so contrary runThat our devices still are overthrown. -Hamlet, 3. 2
32. Let the galled jade wince, our withers are unwrung. -Hamlet, 3. 2
33. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. -Hamlet, 3. 2
34. What! frighted with false fire?-Hamlet, 3. 2
35. Why, let the stricken deer go weep,The hart ungalled play;For some must watch, while some must sleep:So runs the world away. -Hamlet, 3. 2
36. 'Tis as easy as lying. -Hamlet, 3. 2
37. You would play upon me; you would seem to know my stops; you would pluck out the heart of my mystery; you would sound me from my lowest note to the top of my compass. -Hamlet, 3. 2
38. Do you think I am easier to be played on than a pipe? -Hamlet, 3. 2
39. Very like a whale. -Hamlet, 3. 2
40. fool me to the top of my bent. -Hamlet, 3. 2
41. They By and by is easily said. -Hamlet, 3. 2
42. 'Tis now the very witching time of night,When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes outContagion to this world: now could I drink hot blood.And do such bitter business as the dayWould quake to look on.-Hamlet, 3. 2
43. Let me be cruel, not unnatural;I will speak daggers to her, but use none. -Hamlet, 3. 2
44. My words fly up, my thoughts remain below:Words without thoughts never to heaven go. -Hamlet, 3. 3
45. O, my offence is rank, it smells to heaven. -Hamlet, 3. 3
46. Dead, for a ducat, dead! -Hamlet, 3. 4
47. You would play upon me; you would seem to know my stops; you would pluck out the heart of my mystery; you would sound me from my lowest note to the top of my compass. -Hamlet, 3. 2
48. Do you think I am easier to be played on than a pipe? -Hamlet, 3. 2
49. Very like a whale. -Hamlet, 3. 2
50. They fool me to the top of my bent. -Hamlet, 3. 2
51. By and by is easily said. -Hamlet, 3. 2



Continue------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE TEXT: FR .LEAVIS: LITERATURE AND SOCIETY

Final Suggestion : Hamlet quotes/ explanation Vol-4

Best Romantic movies all time